A convertible car seat may be utilized in either a back-facing or in a forward-facing position using a harness and tether, thus its name: convertible. Convertible car seats do cost more than an infant car seat however they have some huge advantages.
While going in an automobile a Convertible car seat was created for extreme protection of your infant. As one car seat functions for a lot of years, a convertible car seat is recommended; it’s used for a kid from their arrival to the age where they could sit all alone in the vehicle. RECARO operations RIDE convertible car seat was made in this manner, where it’s just one automobile seating choice for a kid from its birth to toddler years.
It can be hard to travel with your baby without a convertible car seat. The government strictly enforces rules and regulations regarding the use of car seats for kids. Finding the best, top quality and suitable convertible car seats is a must if you want to ensure the safety of your baby while on the road.
The best convertible car seat accessible to each interested person and is currently reaching the marketplace. Now, among the very frequent forms of car seats is the one that is convertible. Everyone may reap the benefits of having this specific kind of car seat as this is actually the most recent form of car seat accessible the marketplace. By purchasing such a car seat a great deal of cash could be saved. This may also ensure the security of the user’s kid.
- The 10 Convertible Car Seat With Rear Facing
- 1.Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat
- 2.Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible Car Seat
- 3.Safety 1st Alpha Elite 65 Infant Convertible Car Seat
- 4.Recaro ProRIDE Convertible Car Seat
- 5.Britax Roundabout 55 Convertible Car Seat
- 6.Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat
- 7.Safety 1st Complete Air 65 Convertible Car Seat
- 8.Britax Marathon G4.1 Convertible Car Seat
- 9.Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat
- Combi Coccoro Convertible Car Seat
- Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat
- Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Convertible Car Seat
- Graco Size4Me 65 Convertible Car Seat – Best Rear Facing Car Seat
- Britax Roundabout G4.1 Convertible Car Seat
- RECARO ProRIDE Convertible Car Seat
- Disney APT Convertible Car Seat
- Which are the safest and the best convertible car seats?
- Convertible Car Seats – What To Look For
The 10 Convertible Car Seat With Rear Facing
A single purchase of the convertible car seat though pricier than the infant car seat will allow you to save money over the long term. Your child can use it for the coming years, and so you have to shop and compare the top three convertible car seats you find in the market after reading product reviews.
Invest time and effort in reading product reviews of convertible car seats. It will save you years of headache and you can also guarantee the safety of your child while you are on the road. Start your hunt with the comparison graph below and you will get the best value for your money!
- 3-in-1 car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness (5-40 pounds) to forward-facing harness (22-65 pounds) to highback booster (40-100 pounds)
- Convertible car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness (4-50lbs) to forward-facing harness (22-65 pounds)
- The car seat built to grow for extended use through 3 stages: Rear facing 5 to 40 pounds, forward facing 22 to 65 pounds, and belt positioning booster 40 to 100 pounds
- 4-in-1 car seat gives you 10 years of use: seamlessly transforms from rear-facing harness car seat (4-40 pounds), to forward-facing harness car seat (22-65 pounds), to highback belt-positioning booster (40-100 pounds), to backless belt-positioning booster (40-120 pounds)
- 3-in-1 harness booster helps protect your child, from toddler to youth
- 3 in 1 seating system: Rear facing, from 4-40 pounds; Forward facing to 65 pounds; And up to 100 pounds in booster mode
- 4 seats in 1: 4-in-1 seat gives you 10 years of use--it seamlessly transforms from rear-facing harness (5-40 lb), to forward-facing harness (22-65 lb), to highback booster (40-100 lb), to backless booster (40-110 lb).
- The guide 65 is a perfect fit for smaller cars and helps protect your child longer in both rear and forward facing positions
- The Evenflo Every fit 4-in-1 car seat has been engineered for maximum comfort, safety, and longevity. It accommodates your child by adjusting to multiple positions, allowing kids to ride rear-facing beyond 2 years of age-without extending the seat.
- 3 in 1 transforms from a rear facing infant car seat (5 40 pounds), to a forward facing car seat (22 65 pounds) to a belt positioning booster (40 100 pounds)
1.Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat
Uses the same construction; thus, they’re a part of the “Homage” brand. The LX Convertible layout carries a head pillow that is luxurious and built in body cushion in order that children can ride in comfort. While were on the road this works out great for you, and shielding your son or daughter is extremely significant;
The Evenflo Tribute is not difficult to set up, whether with the LATCH system of newer automobiles or together with the seat belt system of automobiles that are old. Most kids are comfy in it to fall asleep while riding even though the cushioning is thinner than that of another car seat versions.
This car seat undoubtedly mixes security, comfort, and ease for the authoritative worth in child restraints. With this kind of compact size, the Tribute LX offers an excellent auto burst while providing side-impact protection. Whenever I set my small one in the Tribute LX I have always felt safe.
On the basis of the pricing of the car seat, you need to have an idea on the scope of the car seat. As a back-up or travel car seat, Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat is absolutely worth the investment. As a primary car seat, this car seat is inferior and it isn’t worth the cash and effort.
It’s with all parents, as I’m certain. I can certainly vouch for the effectiveness of the Tribute LX Convertible on my kid’s automobile ride. I advise anyone to attempt this seat if you’re buying top quality seat at a cost that is fair.
The Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible car seat combines safety, comfort and ease for the ultimate value in child restraints. Compact in size, the Tribute provides a great vehicle fit while providing side impact protection.
With a plush head pillow and integrated body cushion your child will ride in comfort while you’re on the road. Protecting children is our core mission at Evenflo.
For almost a century we have been a leader in safety, innovation and education. Knowing that one in four automobile accidents are side impact collisions, we believe it’s important to go beyond the current government standards when designing the next generation of Evenflo car seats, including the Tribute 5 DLX. Side impact tested.
Meets or exceeds all applicable federal safety standards and Evenflo’s side impact test standard designed and tested for structural integrity at energy levels approximately 2X the Federal crash test standard Multiple-Shoulder Harness positions for better fit and longer use. Upfront harness adjustment and buckle release allows easy and convenient adjusting Integrated body cushion gives added comfort to baby and an easily removable head pillow for older children.
– Light-weight and narrow. I’m petite and not very strong at all, but it was very easy for me to get it in and out of my car or carry it up and down the stairs. It’s pretty narrow so I bet you can fit 3 of them in the back of a Sedan!
– Easy to recline. There’s a piece underneath the seat and all you have to do is to just flip it forward for rear-facing, and flip it backwards for forward-facing. You can not recline the seat when the car seat is already installed in the car, but most likely you will be using it for one kid and won’t have to adjust the recline all the time so it’s not a problem.
– Easy to adjust the shoulder strap height and crotch buckle position. You do need to rethread them, but it’s super easy to do.
– Front adjuster for shoulder strap length. You just push the button in the front of the seat and pull the shoulder straps to loosen them, put the baby in the seat and do the buckle, and then pull the strap on the adjuster to make it nice and tight.
– Comes with a latch system and a tether. We don’t use this but it’s a nice option to have. And there are little loops on the back of the seat to hang the latches and tether when not in use, so that they won’t strangle the baby or hit them.
– Comes with a little head support for the small one.
– The head support and the low-back/bottom part of the seat cover are made of vinyl type fabric, so it’s easy to wipe clean.
– The whole seat cover comes off easily and machine washable.
– The cupholder that comes with it is pretty flimsy and doesn’t attach very securely to the seat. And the instruction manual said not to use it for plastic cups but only for paper or foam cups. Since the rider will only be using a plastic sippy cup, I don’t think this cupholder is very practical.
This is exactly what I was hoping it would be, a decent basic car seat that could stay in our 3rd vehicle, that is easy to use and adjust for our front facing toddler.
I like it, The Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat Is a Good value priced car seat choice For your child.
2.Graco My Ride 65 LX Convertible Car Seat
Have you ever had enough of locating car seats for your kids whose back facing weight limit is just 36 pounds? Now there’s a remedy for your issue because a brand new convertible car seat, Graco My Ride 65 which exceeds this limit has been released by Graco.
The Graco My Ride 65 convertible car seat was the first on the marketplace to provide a 40 pounds back-facing weight limit. This car seat additionally holds toddles forwards-facing to 65 pounds, and has a deep, shell that is tall and pretty tall harness slots in order for your infant or toddler gets the longest use potential out of the car seat.
The My Ride 65 has plenty of strong points. The truth is, some child passenger safety technicians joke they’d have another baby simply to get a justification to get a My Ride 65.
This car seat has a great padding and a plush cover for comfort. A baby pad helps infants that are smaller fit in this large car seat. The seating area that is deep cradles infants that are little, and supplies a more comfy ride for elderly, long legged children, also.
Besides this relaxation variable that is really huge, this exceptional, well designed seat additionally offers a head support pillow, a baby body support cushion and harness strap covers.
The My Ride 65 is an extremely fine convertible. It does not establish for how nicely it fits little newborns or by expanding weight/height limitations for old children who are forward-facing.Check Price On Amazon
3.Safety 1st Alpha Elite 65 Infant Convertible Car Seat
The safety of a child when on the road is a top priority for any parent and the Safety 1st Alpha Elite 65 Infant Car Seat perfectly understands this.
Safety is not about locking your child in a cold steel seat-prison. Comfort is indeed an element that many infant car seats tend to forget in their pursuit of utmost safety.
The Alpha Elite 65 from Safety 1st is one of the best car seats that you could purchase, especially in its price range under $200, and here is a look at its features to justify this claim.
First and Last Car Seat You’ll Need
When you start out with a newborn infant you will need a rear-facing car seat to ensure optimal safety in case of a sudden stop. However as your child gets older and bigger you’ll eventually need to switch over to a front-facing car seat and later on a booster seat. Most car seats only offer one or two of these options but the Safety 1st Alpha Elite 65 Infant Car Seat gives all three.
It can function as a rear-facing car seat that can support children from five to forty pounds (5-40lbs). As your child grows you can easily switch it over to a front-facing position, now allowing it to handle children from twenty-two to sixty five pounds (22-65lbs). Lastly you can switch to its booster mode to support children from forty to one hundred pounds (40-100lbs).
Optimal Child Comfort
As mentioned, comfort is a must-have for infant/toddler car seats. To emphasize this, the Alpha Elite 65 utilizes an infant lumbar cushion that can be removed, rotating arm rests, and a soft cushion for its backrest and head rest.
The wings that support the head and neck are designed to protect your child but they won’t obstruct their vision. Just for additional measure this seat also has a cup holder that can be detached when desired.
Optimal Child Safety
There is no point in getting a car seat if it can’t keep your child safe. Luckily, this car seat has proven to pass side impact tests, front impact tests, and energy-jolting crash tests as well. This is all because of its strong build, easy to use adjustable harness system, and its winged headrests. It also has energy-absorbing foams built into it to lessen the force of impact.
- With three adjustable recline positions this is the last car seat you’ll need until your children are big enough to ride without support.
- It has passed several safety tests and all of its safety features do not interfere with child comfort.
- The additional features (soft foam, rotating arm rests, cup holder) your child is not only safe but also comfortable.
- For all that you are getting it is a very affordable car seat.
- If there is anything to complain about this particular car seat it is its size. It is a bit larger than the normal car seat; it may already be a tight fit for a SUV and could be quite difficult to fit into a sedan vehicle.
It is under $200, yes, but you get all the safety and comfort features you could ever ask for. Your child can use this while he or she is still a young infant to the day he or she is jumping into preschool. Yes it can be a bit large but for all it’s worth the Safety 1st Alpha Elite 65 Infant Car Seatis one really good deal.
4.Recaro ProRIDE Convertible Car Seat
Do you want a convertible car seat that will keep your child secure and comfortable? If so, the Recaro ProRIDE Convertible Car Seat maybe the right choice.
The ProRIDE convertible car seat from Recaro comes with a variety of features including side impact protection, a headrest and a five point harness designed to provide the maximal amount of comfort to your child while protecting him from any chances of injury.
This car seat from Recaro has been intelligently designed to provide maximum protection for your child in the event of a side-impact accident. The car seat features a headrest that limits neck movement and head wings that shield your child’s head. Apart from that, EPP foam has been used on the lining of the seats on either side to help manage the crash force effectively without injuring your child.
Well, with the Recaro ProRIDE Convertible Car Seat, your child is not protected by just the 5 point adjustable harness alone. The car seat features a TrueLock belt lock-off mechanism that ensures that the car seat doesn’t slip from the vehicle’s seat belt in the event of a crash.
Not all car seat fabrics can be cleaned. This can be a huge issue because your child is may throw up anytime. The ProRIDE Convertible Car Seat from Recaro comes with easy to clean fabrics and a mesh insert (for superior air circulation) to ensure hassle-free maintenance.
In the event of an accident, your child’s neck is likely to tilt from side to side. This is dangerous and could cause grievous injuries. That’s where the ProRIDE Convertible Car Seat stands out. The headrest in this model is closer to sides of your child thereby effectively limiting the side to side tilting of the neck in the event of an accident.
The only drawback with the Recaro ProRIDE Convertible Car seat is that it’s quite bulky and tall. This is a problem because it is quite difficult to take your child out of the car as you please (especially in small cars because of the limited space between the seat and the door frame). The excess height also can prevent you from being able to see the rear mirror while riding (in some cars).
Well, the Recaro ProRIDE convertible car seat can accommodate a child up to 35 pounds in the rear facing position and a child up to 70 pounds in the rear facing position. If you’re looking to use only car seat until your child grows, then by all means go ahead with the ProRIDE from Recaro. It’s effective and is designed to last.
5.Britax Roundabout 55 Convertible Car Seat
If you’re interested in a car seat that provides the best amount of comfort and safety for your child, we suggest you consider purchasing the Britax Roundabout 55 Convertible Car Seat.
The Britax Roundabout 55 Convertible Car Seat makes use of a variety of features that are designed to absorb crash energy, minimize forward movement and protect your child from harm in the event of a crash from all slides.
The BRITAX ROUNDABOUT 55 Convertible Car Seat is constructed to provide 360-degree protection by absorbing crash energy, minimizing forward movement, and shielding your child from harm during a collision.
It also offers a comfortable seat and a secure, adjustable fit. The ROUNDABOUT 55 serves as a rear-facing seat for children from 5 to 40 pounds and a forward-facing harnessed seat for children weighing 20 to 55 pounds.
The BRITAX Side Impact Protection system includes a rigid shell with deep sidewalls lined with energy-absorbing EPP foam to contain your child’s head and body and divert crash force energy while creating a barrier against possible intruding objects. This system also protects your child’s head and chest.
Located in the sides of the seat shell, integrated steel bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and prevent forward flexing of the seat during a crash to reduce the risk of head injury.
The Roundabout 55 Car seat from Britax can accommodate a child weighing from 5 to 40 pounds in the rear facing mode and a child weighing from 20 to 55 pounds in the forward facing mode.
This Britax is great. We like to use the seat rear facing in the middle, and it fits well. The shape of the back of the seat allows it to nestle in between the front seats, and allows a comfortable amount of recline. Unlike the Evenflo, in this Britax our child seems comfortable (always seemed scrunched in the Evenflo for some reason). The Britax seems to have a nice amount of lumbar support for the child, making seating comfortable.
The Britax Roundabout 55 Convertible Car Seat is a great car seat. We’ve been using it for a few months and it still looks brand new and is comfortable. This is rear facing up to 40 pounds which is nice because it’s a much more comfortable ride for the little ones.
The Britax has a top safety rating and is very reasonably priced at Amazon. The shoulder straps were very easy to adjust and the fabric looks like it’s going to be easy to take off for washing. This attaches to the car in a pretty permanent way with the safety latches, so I wouldn’t recommend so much if you’re looking to move it from car to car. It’s a solid installation.
What makes the Britax Roundabout 55 Convertible Car Seat truly stand out from other car seatsin the market is the base of the car seat. The base of the car seat in the ROUNDABOUT 55 is comprised of SafeCells.
SafeCells are engineered material that is designed to compress during the event of a crash. The compression reduces the center of gravity, thereby reducing the forward flexing movement during a crash and protecting your child from injury in the event of a collision.
Apart from SafeCell technology, the Britax Roundabout 55 also comes with integrated steel bars that strengthen the connection of the seat to the vehicle and prevent any kind of forward flexing movement.
Like all other Britax models, the Roundabout 55 also has sidewalls that are lined with energy-absorbing EPP foam that are designed to absorb the crash force by evenly distributing the force over a large surface area and providing protection for your child’s head and body.
Sudden stops are also another cause of forward flexing movement of the vehicle. This can also cause injury to your child in certain cases.
In order to thwart off any kind of forward movement during sudden stops, the Britax ROUNDABOUT 55 features energy-absorbing Versa-Tether Strap with a patented staged release webbing system.
The staged-release webbing system prevents any kind of forward flexing movement and only releases the seat forward in a slow and staged manner.
The model features a five-point height adjustable harness that can be adjusted easily as your child grows. This can be easily done without having to uninstall the car seat or removing the harness. The seat also offers recline options on both forward and rear-facing to help your child relax.
Like nearly all other Britax Car Seat models, The Roundabout 55 Convertible Car Seat has a limited recline function. It does offer significant level of comfort to your child but isn’t as great as is the case with some models especially in the rear facing position.
If you’re interested in safety as well as comfort for your child, we suggest you go ahead with theBritax Roundabout 55. The Britax Roundabout has a variety of features that make the car seattruly a safe haven for your child. It provides a great deal of comfort as well so he/she can perfectly enjoy the ride.
6.Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat
Your little one deserves only the best, especially when car seats are involved. Pamper your child with a comfortable option that is durable and secure as well. The best part is that it is cost-efficient to boot.
Travel with your child in style, with a car seat that merges elegance, comfort and function. The Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat is a safe and well-tested model that ensures that your child remains secure and comfortable, even during those long rides home. It is definitely the best choice for children from infancy till 65 pounds.
- Safety And Security: The Graco car seat provides you with a safe and secure option that you can rely on. Since each seat has gone through rigorous testing, you can be sure that your infant or toddler is safe while traveling. With the energy-absorbing foam, 5-point harness and side impact testing, you are assured of the safety of your bundle of joy.
- Comfort: This is a seat that grows along with your child. The removable body support can be taken out when he or she becomes a toddler.
- Stylishness: This car seat does not sacrifice stylishness in lieu of comfort. Rather, it provides you with a fabulously chic option that is comfortable for your infant or toddler as well.
- Cost-Efficient: The Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat is priced at a consumer-friendly rate. This allows people of different financial levels to make use of this secure and comfortable car seat.
If you have a small car, do not expect to fit more than 2 of these car seats into the back seat as it is quite wide. Other than that, the Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat is a great option, especially if you are on a tight budget.
If you want nothing but the best for your bundle of joy, the Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat should be your first option. It has undergone proper testing procedures to ensure that your little one remains safe and comfortable at all times.
7.Safety 1st Complete Air 65 Convertible Car Seat
Its main defining feature is that it changes as according to your child’s growing needs. It can accommodate your child when he or she is still a young baby and can continue to sit them safely in your car as they grow for several years on.
This car seat will be able to protect your child in two different stages. The first stage is the rear-facing position. At this stage, the Complete Air 65 Protect Convertible Car Seat can accommodate children that are from 5lbs to 40lbs. This will allow your little child to be safe from impacts (rear, front, and side) and will keep them stable, lying beside you as you drive.
After reaching 40lbs. you’ll then switch over to the second stage. This is where it becomes a front-facing car seat. It can accommodate children that are from 22lbs up to 65lbs.
There are two main safety features that make this one of the safest car seats you could install in your vehicle for your child. Just consider them below:
- First there is the Air Protect system. During the occurrence of a car crash, at any angle of impact, the seat will allow the air to break away from the seat’s headrest, therefore allowing the force and sudden energy of the impact away from your kid. The design of the seat also ensures that your child’s head will not swerve and will not jerk during hard impact cases.
- Then there is the 5-point harness system. It is a QuickFit harness, allowing you to keep your child snug into the seat without restricting their movement. It is easy to adjust, requiring no dismantling, and this is what lets the seat be the ideal choice as your child grows. As your child gets heavier and bigger, all you have to do is adjust the harnesses.
- It is very light weight and is very easy to install into a vehicle
- Everything is adjustable from the headrest to the harnesses
- Seat is built for high-duty impacts and is dedicated to ensuring safety. As a matter of fact, it is amongst the highest scored children’s car seats in terms of side impact and high safety
- There is a lot of soft, comfortable cushioning
- Seat can be used for a long time due to its convertible nature. It will be the only seat needed as your child grows and until they can sit in a car with no safety car seat
- The headrest has large wings. This is ideal for optimal safety but they can also obstruct a child’s vision
Should you settle with this car seat? It is almost two times more affordable than other car seats but it still passed the safety tests with flying colors and it has some of the best featuresd (the convertible nature) that will make it your one and only purchase. You will not regret purchasing the Complete Air 65 Protect Convertible Car Seat.
8.Britax Marathon G4.1 Convertible Car Seat
If you’re looking for a car seat that provides optimum head safety for your child with side impact protection while still providing your child a comfortable ride, we strongly recommend that you consider purchasing the Britax Marathon G4.1 Convertible Car Seat.
The Britax Marathon G4.1 Convertible Car Seat can be used both in front facing and rear facing positions. The rear-facing position can accommodate a child of weight anywhere from 5 to 40 pounds whereas the forward facing position can accommodate children over one year old and weighing between 20 to 70 pounds.
One of the things that make the Britax Marathon G4.1 Convertible car seat stand out from other car seats in the market is the integrated steel bars that come with the seat. The integrated steel bars reduce the forward flexing movement of the car seat in the event of a crash by strengthening the connection to the vehicle seat.
Forward rotation of the car is also possible in the event of a crash. This is prevented by the use of energy-absorbing Versa-Tether that anchors the top of the car seat. This ensures maximum amount of safety for your child even during all kinds of unlikely crashes.
Another feature that makes the Britax Marathon G4.1 Convertible Car Seat stand out is the Energy-Absorbing Foam that keeps your child safe during side-impact collisions. The Side Impact Protection System consists of a rigid seat shell with deep side walls and energy-absorbing expanded polypropylene foam lining the seat shell.
In the event of a crash, the crashing forces are distributed over a larger surface area thereby shielding your child’s head and chest and protecting him completely.
Securing your child with the Britax Marathon G4.1 Convertible Car Seat is quite easy and requires no guesswork. The car seat comes with latch connectors that make installation simple, quick and tight.
With just a push of a button, you can uninstall the connectors easily. The harness system is adjustable and the harness height can repositioned without having to disassemble the harness straps.
Like many other car seats in the market, the Britax Marathon G4.1 Convertible Car Seat provides very little leg room for your child in the rear facing position. Your child will have to keep his legs at a slightly bent angle.
This is inevitable because that’s the case with rear-facing position in a majority of car seats. It’s not something that you need to worry a lot about because it keeps your child safe and secure.
Overall, The Britax Marathon G4.1 Convertible Car Seat is an ideal car seat for newborns and toddlers. The car seat can accommodate children weighing 5 – 40 pounds in the rear facing position and children weighing 20 – 70 pounds in the forward facing positions.
The integrated steel bars, versa-tether, EPP Side Impact Protection and SafeCell technology ensures maximum amount of safety and comfort for your child.
9.Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat
The Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat is an all in one that can follow your son or daughter from birth until they are prepared to leave a booster seat fully. It’s going to let you maintain your son or daughter secure and safe as a back facing, forward facing and booster seat.
It’s an all in one seat for young babies, infants and toddlers as it may be utilized as a booster seat for toddlers or can certainly be put in rear facing location or front facing location. The merchandise can suit kid with height of 19 to 52 inches.
The The Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat is rated as a rear facing seat and kids facing seat for kids between 5 and 35 pounds. For kids that can make use of a booster seat this one is rated between 40 and 100 pounds. There’s also a 5 point harness with a quick fit system allowing you to install it easily and get your kid comfortably and safely situated quite fast too.
There’s side impact protection on this particular seat via pillow and an infant head support as well as EPP energy absorbing foam which helps to cushion your kid in case of an automobile crash. They’ll be less influenced by the impact and better prepared. Several users have reported being with this particular seat in car accidents as well as their kids have come out of them absolutely good.
In conclusion, if you’re considering purchasing a convertible car seat that can redefine your kid’s comfort when traveling, while improving the security of your infant or in office, then this seat offers you with the most effective choice in the marketplace. That makes it considerably better when compared to other convertible seats sold in the industry.Check Price On Amazon
10.RECARO ProRIDE Convertible Car Seat
RECARO is a name that can be trusted when it comes to the best and most-trusted convertible car seats for children and this is proven once again with the RECARO ProRIDE Convertible Seat.
It is designed to give full protection for your child through any side-impact conditions and it does so without sacrificing comfort and practicality. Simply consider the features listed below.
Euro Side Impact Protection
The first main feature is the fact that this car seat utilizes an intelligent system to protect five different areas of a child. Instead of being a mere barrier for side impacts, its ergonomic and durable design is meant to protect the following vulnerable areas: pelvis, torso, face, neck, and head.
Top of the Line Security
To make sure that your child is always safe and secure, there are two main defining features of the RECARO ProRIDE Convertible Seat.
First there is the five-point harness system. This system will lock your child in securely in their seat but it is also designed for optimal comfort. Even if your child squirms around they won’t get loose and this is important for crashes.
A bad harness design could accidentally send a child flying off during impact. To give more emphasis, the seat is also designed with large, wide-spanning wings that protect head but they do not obstruct a child’s peripheral vision.
Second there is the TrueLock belt system. This lock-off system ensures that the car seat is properly fastened to the seat belt. This will prevent the car seat from getting loosed and accidentally falling off position.
Comfort and Practicality
As a rear-facing car seat it can accommodate children from five to thirty five pounds (5-35lbs). As a front-facing car seat it can accommodate children that are from twenty to seventy pounds (20-70lbs).
In terms of comfort, the ProRIDE Convertible Seat is equipped with soft and large cushions (filled with EPS foams) that give in to the shape of your child. This means that your child is always comfortable when seated, especially during long trips. The harnesses are also equipped with soft padding. To make it even more convenient for you, all the fabrics can be removed and hand-washed.
- It is designed from top to bottom for ultimate child safety. This includes its five-point harness and five-vulnerable spot protection design.
- The seat is very comfortable to sit in due to its pads and cushions. The protective wings keep your child safe but do not block his or her vision.
- Being a convertible car seat, you can utilize it when your child is young up to the point where your child is growing out of his or her toddler years.
- Like many high-security car seats, this seat is fairly large so fitting it in smaller sedans can be a bit of a challenge
Here’s a car seat that is under $200 but it completely passes the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and Flammability of Interior Materials Test. It is not just safe but also comfortable – which is a defining factor for a lot of children.
To top it all off, the RECARO ProRIDE Convertible Seatis very affordable and can be considered as a one-stop-shop car seat—if there is ever such a thing!
Combi Coccoro Convertible Car Seat
Do you want a light-weight, compact car seat for small, fuel-efficient vehicles? If so, we suggest that you consider the Combi Coccoro Lightweight Convertible Car Seat.
The Combi Coccoro Convertible Car Seat weighs only 11 pounds, features a 5-point adjustable harness and Tru-Safe Side Impact protection. This is a portable car seat designed for smaller vehicles and has both forward and rear facing positions.
What makes the Combi Coccoro Lightweight Convertible Car seat stand out from all other car seats in the market is the Tru-Safe Side Impact protection system. The Tru-Safe Side Impact protection system consists of a seat shell with deep walls and EPP (energy absorbing foam) lining that ensures effective energy management in the event of a collision.
During a crash, the crash forces are likely to come towards your child directly. The Side Impact Protection system and other safety features distribute the crash force over a large surface area thereby reducing and eliminating any chances of the crash force causing an impact on your child.
This is a relatively small car seat designed exclusively for small cars. But that doesn’t mean that this car seat is unsafe. In fact, it’s the large seat that is unsafe when you’re riding a small car.
The larger car seats certainly provide more comfort to your baby but tend to block out the rear window (because of the height) which is extremely dangerous. Installing such large seats on a small car is also quite a hassle.
If you’re looking for a portable car seat, the Coccoro is the car seat for you. The Coccoro weighs only 11lbs making transportation a breeze. It also comes with a 5-point harness with padding and a height adjustable system that keeps your child safe and completely secure.
Being light weight makes the Combi Coccoro Car seat quite ineffective in the long-run. The upper weight limit for both forward and rear facing positions is quite low when compared to othercar seats in the market.
The Combi Coccoro has an upper weight limit of just 33lbs for rear facing and 40 lb for forward facing. This means you’ll have to buy another car seat with a bigger weight limit in the future when your child grows.
If you’re looking for a car seat for fuel efficient small vehicles, the Coccoro Convertible Car seat is the ideal car seat. With energy absorbing EPS foam, 5-point harness, and side impact protection system and weighing only 11 lbs, the Combi Coccoro is clearly one of the best light-weight car seats on the market.
Click Here To See More Reviews Or Check Current Price On Amazon
Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat
The safety of your child is a top priority whenever you and your family step into a vehicle and the Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat is among the very best that will surely ease your mind.
You know how a lot of car seats are either too big or too uncomfortable? These will no longer be problems for you with the Maxi-Cosi Pria 70. It is designed to be able to hold small and large children in both rear and front-facing positions.
The very first thing you’ll notice is that it is capable of holding from 4lbs to 40lbs when rear-faced and its forward-facing position can hold from 22lbs to 70lbs. Most rear-facing car seats can only hold up to 25-30lbs. Here you are already getting an extra 10lbs and you haven’t even installed it into your car yet!
Safety is the main concern however and there are several features that ensure your child’s safety at all times. Simply consider the following:
- It uses a Flextech construction system. This system is what regulates the flow of energy and prevents your child from receiving the blunt force during collisions. Paired with this is a unique engineering design for precise air release. This is intended to reduce the force of immediate impact, thus preventing your child from sudden jolts.
- The soft but durable head rest has slightly elongated wings and they also share the same safety measurements listed above. This makes them perfect for a child to rest on while sleeping through a ride and will also protect the child’s head and neck during accidents.
- For those in favor of convenience there are three main elements to enjoy: a one-click latch system,adjustable straps, and a gripping cup holder.
- Ease of use – while a lot of car seats are difficult to install and use straps that are almost impossible to accommodate a growing child, the Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat is a breeze to use and adjust. You can have it installed in both rear-facing and front-facing positions in mere minutes.
- Long-term design – whether you have a five week-old child or a five year-old child, this is the first and last car seat you’ll need since it can accommodate growing children up to the point where they won’t need to use a car seat.
- Optimal safety – all of the safety designs are up and beyond safety standards. As a matter of fact this car seat has been listed amongst the top ten car seats of 2011.
- Size matters – this car seat is a little bigger in girth but small in overall design. This means that the seat can fit in smaller vehicles but its width is capable of holding large children, even when they need to stretch.
- The material is very soft and plush, which is perfect for young children, but it also means that stains can stick through and it can be a bit difficult to clean.
Overall, here is a car seat designed to last for years. No matter how big or small your child is and no matter how big or small your car is, the Maxi-Cost Pria 70 Convertible Car Seat is definitely among the very best that you could choose.
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Convertible Car Seat
The Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Convertible is a versatile car seat, able to accommodate infants and toddlers alike, and with numerous safety features built in, you will feel at ease when traveling with your child. Furthermore, it is very stable, easy to install and repositioning is quite straightforward as well.
The biggest draw here is that it is reversible, with forward facing for 22 to 70 lb children and rear facing for 5 to 45 lb kids, and thanks to its design, switching to either one will present no problems.
Furthermore, the seat has numerous built-in safety features like EPS (Expanded Poly Styrene) energy absorbing foam, SAFE (Shock Absorbing Foam Element), and SIP (adjustable Side Impact Protection) included.
The SIP is especially designed to safeguard your child’s neck, spine and head, and since you can adjust it to up to 10 unique positions, you will have no trouble getting the right setting for your child. What makes this even more practical is you can make adjustments even when the child is on it.
Additional protection is provided by EPS patricianly for the torso and head, and just under the EPS shell is the SAFE device, which acts as a shock absorber for a child’s shoulders and neck in case of a crash.
There are other notable features built into the Convertible Premium Infant to Toddler Car Seat, like a metal back plate that makes forward movement easy while at the same time reducing flexing. Another notable feature is its 5 point harness, built of durable polyester thread complete with achest clip and shoulder pads. But the biggest plus is its reliability, and as many customers have noted, the seat keeps children secure and their head will never hang.
It has become a huge hit, with customers lauding its many convenient features.
- The car seat is extremely easy to install
- It is stylish, with the Fresco Jersey performance fabric designed for comfort, safety and style.
- The LATCH connectors are adjustable and make repositioning a breeze.
- There is a wide padded seat with a special cushion for babies up to 22 lbs.
- The car seat has a contoured base that ensures the seating position is stable.
- It has a top tether hook that helps stabilize forward facing mode.
While the Peg Perego Convertible Premium Infant to Toddler Car Seat is very popular, it is not without fault.
- Some people think the strap pads are a bit too large.
The Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Convertible Car Seat has been receiving critical acclaim, and with good reason as it is easy to use, comes with numerous options and fits easily into almost any car model.
As many reviewers have noted, the car seat is extremely versatile and it isn’t as heavy as other car seats. This last fact is very important particularly when moving the car seat from one vehicle to another. Parents looking for a reliable car seat for their toddler or baby should end their search in finding the Peg Perego Convertible Premium Infant to Toddler Car Seat.
Rear-facing-only seats, have already been qualified to be used in a backward-facing position. They need to never be utilized in a forward-facing position.
Kids must be stored in a rear-facing seat for so long as possible —it’s the best place in case of the frontal collision, which take into account about 75% of vehicle accidents.
This kind of car seat also offers a removable bottom, so you make it along with you and may take away the chair from your own vehicle.
Graco Size4Me 65 Convertible Car Seat – Best Rear Facing Car Seat
As soon as they outgrow their baby seat it should be the first car seat you purchase for your kids or the first seat you get. It is easily among the top car seats now accessible in the United States;
Something I enjoy regarding the Graco Size4Me 65 is that it is not very difficult to fix harness height. There are several seats which make this procedure silly, generally by having you uninstall the seat over and over again or rethread harness straps like a tailor.
The Size4Me does away with that junk with an Only Safe Fix system of harness correction that lets you just squeeze the harness to move down and up. You can also fix it from the very front of the seat! It ranges from 7? to close to 17? When it comes to the torso height when a kid is sitting in the seat.
The greatest strike against the Graco Size4Me 65 is the reality that there are seats that let you to RF more by weight. In addition , I wish it had more than a 7-year product life. But if height and cost flexibility are important to you personally, you will be given both while helping you ERF by the Graco Size4Me 65.
It is a sleeper seat that reveals you do not need to break the bank in order to keep your child rear-facing for a great number of time. In that sense, it is the greatest seat. I urge the Graco Size4Me 65 wholeheartedly.Check Price On Amazon
Britax Roundabout G4.1 Convertible Car Seat
The Britax Roundabout G4.1 Convertible Car Seat is certified safe with all around protection. It fits in small or big vehicles that’s outstanding for new parents as well as comes in various different colours.
In addition, it operates for babies that weigh anywhere from 5 pounds up to 55 pounds whether that’s in a back or forward facing settings. You will be assured your kid is safe.
This seat may nevertheless be installed with a routine vehicle seatbelt for those who have an old vehicle which is not equipped with the brand new LATCH system. The seat will be only a risk-free and keep your kid completely shielded when installed this manner whether it’s installed in a rear facing or forward facing settings.
It’s equipped with SafeCell Impact Protection which offers an impact absorbing side impact protection that is total, a tether and harness setup system, impact stabilizing steel framework and foundation. This guarantees that in the event the automobile is in an injury which means your kid is safer and better shielded, the seat is not going to move or wriggle.
When you have older children or somewhat bigger kids you may enjoy this seat as it’s made in a more open structure that’s comfortable for youngsters. Additionally, for kids who would rather sleep in the car, the padding on sides and the headrest ensures that their head leans back on the seat instead of being pushed and they are comfy. This is significant for relaxation in addition to security reasons.Check Price On Amazon
RECARO ProRIDE Convertible Car Seat
The Recaro ProRide is a convertible car seat that manages to combine security and comfort. In addition, it looks fantastic with it is slick racing car inspired design. The Recaro ProRide is simple to install utilizing the pushbutton LATCH system.
It seems fashionable and comfortable, though solid and tough. It’s suited to use as a back-facing seat from 5 – 40 pounds and forwards-facing between 20 – 70 lbs. The kid height limit for the Recaro ProRide is higher than many of its own rivals (50 inches) and so you should have the ability to get a bit more use out of it.
The ProRIDE enables rear facing from 5-40 pounds, up to 22.5? Seated 1 or height? from the very top of the casing – whichever occurs first. While it begins at 5 pounds, the underside harness slots are 10? and considerably too high to fit a newborn, as a back facing child should possess the straps placed at or below the shoulders.
Among the most effective attributes of the Recaro ProRide is its quite notable side impact protection system which has been analyzed to international standards. The seat includes increased head wings that protect your kid’s head and face while their neck motion is limited by a head rest in a collision. At the sides, the seat has strengthened for extra security to help stabilize the pelvis and torso regions.
Over all, I really like this car seat and also would recommend it to anybody. It is made so nicely, and it is not very difficult to use I believe anyone would have the capacity to utilize this seat correctly. Which makes the ProRIDE a stick out product for me. Any seat that is made in this manner that it is not difficult to set up and use is a winner in my book. As long as it fits in your vehicle, you’ll be happy with this particular seat for as long as your kid fits in it.Check Price On Amazon
Disney APT Convertible Car Seat
The Disney Baby Minnie Mouse Apt 40RF Convertible Car Seat enables infants to stay in a safer back-facing location from a miniature 4 pounds up to 40 inches in height and 40 pounds. Need a safe seat for your toddler? The Apt moves into a forward-facing position for children 22- 43 inches and 40 pounds in height.
The Mouseketeer Minnie way that is adorable will have your small mouse. The mouse ear head rest keeps heads additional cozy, as well as the subtle, sweet shapes in the superior pink material help make every ride both additional comfy and enjoyable. Minnie’s signature adds a specific touch that finishes the seat absolutely!
The Inclined 40RF Convertible Car Seat’s five harness heights and three buckle places readily adapt small ones that are growing. The secure 5-point harness features suitable up front adjustment. Whether your little one is using a bottle or sippy cup, the two cup holders keep drinks.
Side Impact Protection is made to help keep your child safer in a side impact crash. With LATCH, it is more easy to install the seat promptly and accurately.
The Apt is extremely lightweight for easy transportation as well as the cover is significant all the way around. It is an excellent crank seat for parents who would like to bypass the baby seat and go directly to a convertible and be aware the harness will fit an extremely little newborn nicely.
The U.S. law requires children Rear Facing until they reach 20 lbs or 12 weeks the longer you keep them rear-facing the better they’ll be. The AAP recommends keeping kids rear-facing until both two years old or they’ve achieved weight limitations and the most level of the individual fit.
While buying, search for toddler seats which have height control and a higher fat that’ll enable your youngster to remain rear- facing.
Which are the safest and the best convertible car seats?
This question is difficult to answer. However, if you know how to shop around, you can make an informed purchase. Firstly, you have to choose among the many brands of convertible car seats. Make it a point to choose a brand that has been around for many years. Established and well-reputed brands will not compromise your child’s safety, and the seats are quite effective as well.
After choosing the brand, you have to compare the different models’ safety features. Always look for convertible car seats with side-impact protection (energy-absorbing foam), 5-point harness, LATCH system, and anti-rebound bar.
Shopping for travel gear is easier when you are well-informed. From birth until the toddler years, your child can use convertible car seats. To ensure that you can use the car seat for many years to come, you should shop for the right one that boasts of quality, safety features, and reasonable price.
Shopping around can be confusing, as well as making the final purchase decision. Take your time in reading product reviews, and by doing so, you can finally find the one that suits your budget and requirements.
Here are the benefits of reading convertible car seats product reviews:
- Avoid buying on impulse, as well as panic-buying
- Avoid the mistakes committed by other parents
- Get the right type of convertible seat that suits your child
- Find the best deals
Did you know that convertible car seats were created to save the life of your child in the event of a road accident? Therefore, you will need to purchase one especially if you drive your own car.
Always consider your baby’s weight and size. The convertible car seats have varying weight capacities, so getting the wrong one will also put your baby in danger. Check the brand and model of the convertible car seat. Infant car seats are designed for newborn, but the convertible car seat can also be used from birth until a child is about two years old. The latter is a better choice because you can avoid making a double purchase.
Convertible Car Seats – What To Look For
It is truly fun to be with kids. However, if you need to go out and take the car, it is important that you have a convertible car seat or an infant car seat. Most parents prefer convertible car seats because you can use it in two ways – forward-facing and rear-facing seat for toddlers and babies.
A great advantage of convertible car seats is that your child can use it from birth onwards depending on the model that you choose. Some of these seats can hold a child up to 40-80 pounds. If you prefer a seat that can hold up to a hundred pounds, you can buy the booster seat which is a type of convertible car seat.
If you want to save money, try to avoid buying infant car seats initially and later on getting a new convertible car seat. Though the latter is a bit large for a newborn, you can save money in the long run. You simply need to use cushioning and head rests while your baby is still small so he/she can sit safely.
The only problem with convertible car seats is the weight. In comparison to infant car seats, the convertible seat is heavier and you also need to properly install it inside the car. Once you’ve addressed these things, you can use the seat without worries.
If you are shopping for a convertible car seat, there are things you should consider:
- Check for a 5-star rating from the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration; a product with 5-star rating is very easy to use. Ideally, the car seat must have straps for each thigh, each shoulder, and between the legs. Straps must also offer easy adjustment because your baby will grow quickly.
- The top quality convertibles are equipped with the so called LATCH system. This refers to ‘lower anchors and tethers for children’. Instead of using the car’s seatbelt to secure the convertible car seat, the LATCH system allows you secure it to the vehicle. Be sure to read the instructions of the manufacturer carefully.
- Pick one that is easy to clean. Babies and toddlers can be messy. A detachable cover that is machine-washable is a good choice.
- Check if the seat is well-padded and provides proper head support. This is necessary to ensure the safety of your child.
- To ensure child safety, the convertible seat should also be equipped with side-impact protection. Special foam is used on the sides of the car seat to protect your baby’s chest and head just in case there is an accident.
Once you’ve picked the right convertible car seat, you can ask a professional to show you how to install it properly especially if it’s your first time. From newborn to about 2 years old, the car seat must be set at a rear-facing position at the backseat.
Now that you know the factors to consider when buying convertible car seats, you can now make an informed choice. Shop around and find the best deals, and read reviews of top rating products to get the best value for your hard-earned money.
convertibles, or just convertible car seats are seats that may move from rear- to forward-facing installation as your child grows. Unlike baby car seats, convertibles remain mounted inside your vehicle, so you bring them along with you and can’t unclick. Many convertibles may be used in a rear-facing position from whenever your child can be as little as five pounds as much as 40 lbs.
With infants upto 70 lbs, some versions may be used within the forward-facing position. It’s important to not depend on weight limitations before actually achieving its weight control alone—your kid may become too high to get a chair. Have a look in the slides below to understand about important features of convertibles.
Convertible car seats will accommodate children from about 5 to 65 pounds. As is an infant car seat, so long as your child satisfies the minimum weight requirement, a convertible car seat is safe to make use of for a newborn. You’ll see that convertible car seats have a minimum weight requirement of around 5 pounds.
Yet several versions do have a minimum weight requirement as high as 14 pounds or so; so make sure you assess prior to purchasing. Many convertible car seats can fit a kid weighing up to 40 pounds in the back-facing location, some can go as high as 50 pounds, thereby permitting your son or daughter to ride in the safer place for a longer duration of time.
As soon as they get to the most weight for the back-facing location they are able to subsequently change to the forward-facing location and get more use. Usually MOST convertible car seats were created to hold children up to about 48 or 49 inches tall.
Last update on 2021-03-03 at 11:30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API